Tuesday, January 7, 2014

New Year News - BCCB Blue Ribbons Announced!

The Bulletin of the
        Center for

I am thrilled to announce ORLEANS is a Bulletin of the Center for Children's Books Blue Ribbon selection for 2013!  What a great way to start off the new year.  My thanks to the dedicated readers of the Bulletin staff for pouring over a mountain of great books and choosing my novel as one of the top!  Congrats to all of the other authors on the list.  I'll consider this the place to start spending my Christmas bookstore giftcards!

Well, I owe you bigger post, one with lots of pictures and a great story-- my return to New Orleans after almost seven years.  Over the holidays I got notes on my manuscript and I'm in the attic with my writing cap on, but stay tuned.  There'll be a new post next week.

Until then, here's to a happy, bookish new year!

3 comments:

  1. Wait... are you saying you are working on a sequel to Orleans?!!!! Oh, please let this be true!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love the enthusiasm, but I must report that I am working on a different novel. This one is an historical fantasy, and I'm super excited about it. I'd love to do another ORLEANS book, too, but the publisher needs to see there's demand for one first. Maybe someone will start a write-in campaign or nominate the first book for a HUGO (hint, hint: http://www.thehugoawards.org/2014/01/2014-hugo-award-nominations-open/). I'd like to see them say no to that!

      Delete